Thursday, March 12, 2015

February:Celebrating A Whole Lot of Love

February is a blur in mind. In fact, I still feel like it is February and find myself shocked each time I look at the calender and see that it is March!  February was full of all kinds of love, which seems appropriate since it is the month in which Valentine's Day is celebrated.  
I try to instill a love of the outdoors in my children so we spend a majority of our time outside, especially now when the weather is perfect.  Lillian figured out how to ride her bike all by herself and so we spend at least part of most evenings outside riding her bike or her scooter.
We are blessed to live in an area with lovely landscaping, a lake, parks galore, and lots of walking trails.  Lillian enjoys the lake the most.



Emerson of course goes with us on all of our walks and runs.  He enjoys the time outside as much as we do. He is a major love in all of our lives, making us happier with each tail wag and lick.
Big imaginations and imaginary play are another thing we love around here.  Lillian loves it when I am the monster, troll, or dragon who attacks her castle.  She shrieks and runs or rides off on her trusty steed.
 Freya Lynn is desperate to get in on all the action and tries her hardest to get in to everything she can.
Lillian loves to help and, even though she is only two, she can be a very good helper.  She likes to help me put away the clean utensils and the measuring cups and spoons.
Sisterly love is another type of love I try to foster in our home.  Some days being a big sister is fun.  

A lot of the time being a little sister isn't quiet as enjoyable and requires rescuing from Mom.

Being silly is always lovable. Even at the cost of Mom's lipstick.
 Lillian and I thought Freya looked pretty silly trying to eat this leaf of lettuce.  Lillian kept laughing and telling Freya, "You need teeth to eat that!"  Freya loves food and, regardless of not having any teeth, tried very hard to eat this leaf!
Lillian's charismatic personality means, unlike her mother, she has LOTS of friends.  A social butterfly, she often asks to go play with her friends, usually her friend Sophie.  These two little girls have a good time together, always running around giggling and screaming.
She is also part of a play group that meets once a week.  It is made up of boys and girls from church who are around her age. Sophie and another little girl not pictured are also in the group.  Being a part of this play group has rocked Lillian's world!  She can't wait until Thursday when she can go and play.
So far Lillian appears to share my love of horses and everything horsey.  She had the opportunity to participate in her first horse show this month out at the Pima County Fairgrounds.  I have to say it was one of the best days of my life.  I probably had more fun than she did!  She looked cute and did great. Beauty was a star too.

 She got a last minute pep talk from Papa before going into the ring and 
 she stole the show once she got in there!

 Wellspring Farm not only cheered her on, they made a great grooming team and helped her get ready to go into the ring.
I feel a love stronger than I ever thought possible when I look at my two girls.  Freya turned eight months in February and I try my very hardest to love every minute with her and with Lillian because I know one day they will no longer need their mama all the time and I will be sad.  There were moments I struggled with loving EVERY moment this month when we were inflicted with ear infections, coughing, and endless boogers, but I tried.

 After constantly hearing how much Lillian looks like Josh, I secretly love the Freya looks a bit like me as a baby.

February was special because we celebrated Lillian's cousin Turner's eighth birthday.  We loved being able to help him blow out his candles,
eat his cake, 
and join in his love of Jesus Christ by attending his baptism. It was a very special day full of lots of family, friends, and love.
Love of family was a big one for us this month.  On February 22, my grandfather passed away.  Sitting at his funeral, surrounded by family, it hit me that all these people I love and call family are in my life because my grandfather and grandmother fell in love and got married.  When my grandfather glimpsed my grandmother for the first time in a diner one evening, he had no idea what they would create together.  It is mind boggling to think about.  




I love this family that these two incredible people created. I love the knowledge I have that once our mortal lives have ended we will be gathered together again as a family.  We are not doomed to be separated at death. We will continue on, bound together for all of eternity.  My grandfather's death made me feel sad, grateful, and full of wonder and awe at how much love can come from one man living a good life.

No comments: