Sunday, February 8, 2015

A New Beginning

January was a lovely month, not too hot, not too cold, not too busy, not too boring. Everything was just right.  
We had a great time getting out and using some of our Christmas gifts as a family.  Josh bought me a recurve bow for Christmas.  I had a great time shooting it and am looking forward to getting more  practice.  Maybe one day I will be able to shoot it galloping full speed on my horse but, until then, targets will have to do.  Lillian enjoyed participating with her Nerf bow.  I think her favorite part was retrieving the arrows she shot. 
Freya went to the doctor for her six month well-check and shots.  She is a light weight, weighing in at 14 pounds.  Lillian was 17 1/2 pounds at six months!  Other than being tiny, Freya is doing just fine. 
  Lillian was fascinated by all the shots Freya got in her legs and recreated the event several times over the next few days with Freya and her stuffed animals.

Beautiful days mean lots of pony time. Both girls love riding Beauty and playing with Gigi.
Lillian loves her Elsa dress and must be referred to as Queen Elsa while she is wearing it.  If for some reason her Elsa dress has to be taken off before she is ready she will look at me with the most serious face and say,"I'm still Queen Elsa."

Freya is not allowed to be Queen Elsa but she is allowed to play dress up with us.  She seems to enjoy all the laughs she gets out of us.
We found a few new favorite activities for Lillian.  She loves to scrub her cars with shaving cream and a toothbrush while listening to the song "Car Wash."  
She also enjoys drawing with sidewalk chalk. 
 She especially likes to draw her family.  I am the red scribbly circle, Freya is the red circle with all the arms and legs, and Josh is the yellow circle.
We were able to get some time in with cousins this month as well.  It is so fun to see them all together.  It brings back many memories of the fun I had with my cousins growing up.



Lillian is currently fascinated by trains so we went to ride the little train that  goes around our neighborhood.  We had to ride in every car before we could get off.  It was a lot of fun.


I am not much of a cook but I do enjoy baking and it is so much fun to have little helpers.  My recipes don't always turn out right but we have a good time together any way.  One night, Lillian decided we needed to make pizza.
 After reading the book Betty Bunny Loves Chocolate Cake, we had to make some chocolate cake of our own.
And, little sister stew is good for a snack every now and then. This moment reminded me of the poem "Someone Ate The Baby" by Shel Silverstein.
Some rainy days toward the end of the month left us cooped up inside but we managed to have a good time practicing ABCs 
 and doing science experiments.
 I have been collecting ribbons for years and both Lillian and Freya love to play with them.  This is a photo of Lillian playing with my ribbons now
 and this is her playing with my ribbons when she was seven months old.  Oh, how the time flies.

Bath time is one of the best times of the day.  I love our bedtime routine because I feel like it helps us all end our day on a positive note.  Everyone goes to bed feeling loved, happy, and glad to be a part of our little family. We make silly faces.
 We drink tea.
 We play with balloons
 and shaving cream.
We get to be loving and silly.
 Sometimes we get a little too silly.
But, when all the lights are out and the house is quiet, I know, that they know,that they are loved.  What is better or more important than that?

No comments: