So we didn't have any April showers to bring any real May flowers but we had plenty of metaphorical flowers in our life this month. While listening to Josh and Lillian talk this morning I was struck by the beauty and cruelness of life. Every moment with Lillian is a flower and each little flower she brings to our life fades far too quickly. Just as flowers wilt and die, so do all these little moments I want so badly to hold on to and remember forever. I wish I could record every smile, every laugh, every funny little thing she says, so that I never forget them. SIGH...at least flowers are beautiful while they last, right?
With that said, let me share a few of our May "flowers" with you...
Lillian is usually a happy little ham.
However, she is two and so we have plenty of moments that are more like weeds than flowers. Thankfully Emerson has more patience than I do and will hang out with her even when I don't really want to.
In fact, Emerson has far more patience than I ever thought possible. He endures her endless torment very well. He lets her put makeup on him,
he goes for walks with her even when it is WAY too hot,
he watches cartoons, listens to stories, dances, kisses her goodnight, and does everything else a girl's best friend should do. The relationship I see developing between these two makes me smile. I have had Emerson for the past eleven years. He is my buddy and I am glad he gets a long with the other love of my life.
Despite throwing a few fits here and there, Lillian is a wonderful helper and enjoys working along side her mama. She is always telling me,"I do it," or "I try it."
She also has a soft spot in her heart for animals and is always kind to them. She enjoys their company, shares with them (better than she shares with people!), and gives them lots of hugs and kisses.
We are so blessed to have not one, but TWO equines who not only tolerate, but enjoy Lillian's company. Gigi and Beauty are always patient with her.
They don't even mind when she splashes in the puddles created during bath time.
Our little chicks have grown tremendously over the past month and are ready to move out of their brooder at our house and into their little chicken cottage at my dad's. We will be sad to see them go. We have enjoyed watching them and having them around to entertain us.
Like her auntie Sam, Lillian is quiet the chicken whisperer. I love hearing her call them and talk to them about her day.
When they are hungry or ready to go to bed they come to the back door and yell at me. I always laugh when I hear them pecking on the glass.
This month we started a new bed time ritual, nudest steeple-chasing. Lillian loves to race up and down the hall, jumping over pillows, whacking her stick horse, and yelling, "Faster! Faster!" It is hilarious! I of course am responsible for narrating the race and applauding. If I do not fulfill my responsibilities Lillian will stop mid race, wave her crop at me, and yell, "Clap Mama!"
Lillian also made a new friend this month, Cinderella. While Nona was here helping me finish the nursery, she bought Lillian this Little People Cinderella and carriage. Now "Cinderelly" has to go with us every where and do everything we do. She not only eats with us,
she sleeps in her sock in Lillian's bed.
With summer comes swimming and Lillian loves to swim and play in the water. Her cousins have this AWESOME slide and Lillian had a great time bouncing and sliding with them one afternoon.
We have already spent a great deal of time at the pool. I am sure as the temperatures climb we will find even more fun things to do in the water!
One of the biggest "flowers" this month was celebrating Josh's 30th birthday. He worked a lot on the days surrounding his birthday but we caught up with him for a special breakfast, carrot cake, and dinner.
May meant I hit 34 weeks in my pregnancy with Baby Girl #2. All is well with both of us. We will be seeing her pretty soon!
We are all excited for June because it means we get to go on our annual San Diego trip and we will be getting TWO new members to our family. You all know about our baby girl but can you guess who the second will be??




















No comments:
Post a Comment