Despite the heat, I really enjoy June because June means we get to go to San Diego. I have been spending time on Pacific and Mission Beach for longer than I can remember and I am very grateful to my dad and Josh for providing me with the opportunity to continue that tradition.
This year we were able to switch from our beloved one bedroom cottage, 506, into a two bedroom, 518. Switching meant not only leaving behind the cottage we have been staying in since I was in middle school, it also meant moving our trip to the beginning of the month. We decided the move was worth it so we could all fit in the same cottage together. We were right, it was worth it! I would have to say it was one of the best San Diego trips I have had in the past few years. Going to the beach with Lillian is far more fun than just going alone. She makes everything better. I think Papa, Grandma Jean, and Josh would agree.
As soon as we arrived, Lillian started puzzling with Grandma Jean, something she continued to do several times every day we were there. I had no idea she would love to puzzle so much!
Beach day #1 was a blast because Lillian was so excited to play in the waves. She loves the character Ladybug Girl so we made sure we read Ladybug Girl at the Beach about a million times before our trip. She kept telling me she was like Ladybug Girl because she wasn't afraid. It was so cute! We had a great time splashing and playing together.
Beach day #2 Lillian tried her hand at boogie boarding. She liked it until a wave capsized her boogie board and Dad wasn't quiet fast enough to catch her. After that we decided it was time to build sand castles.
It turns out Lillian isn't interested in building anything, only smashing it! "I smash you!" she would yell as she stomped on all Josh's creations. Finally Josh built a moat and told Lillian she couldn't cross it. Being the obedient child that she is, she didn't cross the moat.
Beach day #3 Josh proceeded to build his moat around his sand castle site and Lillian watched.
After about 2 minutes Lillian decided crossing the moat didn't look so hard
and so she smashed Josh's work of art. I thought it was hilarious.
We spent a part of every morning out on the beach and each day was just as fun as the day before.
And apparently just as tiring! Josh went to get us a snow cone and Lillian informed me she was going to rest while she waited for him. Every 10 seconds she would open her eyes and ask if her snow cone was here yet.
When we weren't at the beach we were scootering,
snail hunting,
or people watching. No matter what we were doing, it was fun! I am already looking forward to next year.
As my due date approaches we are frantically making sure we have everything ready for Baby Girl #2's arrival. Lillian has been a big help.
My neighbor and new friend, Cecilia, has also been a help. She was kind enough to host a baby shower for me the day before we left for San Diego. The decorations were lovely, the food was good, and we had a fantastic time.
Lillian enjoyed the cupcakes most!
She definitely has a sweet tooth like her mom and dad. One morning, when I asked her what she wanted for breakfast she told me she wanted a doughnut. I hesitated at first because I am not a big fan of doughnuts but then I decided it would be OK to have one if we walked. So we packed up and hoofed it over to the new Dunkin' Donuts by our house. I must admit they were pretty good! I haven't eaten a doughnut since the last time I was pregnant!
After all these sweets Lillian had to go to the dentist. She was a champ.
We also celebrated Josh's third Father's Day. We had a nice day at church and then had some friends over for dinner.
The chicks turned two months this month and have outgrown their brooder. They have been relocated to their own little cottage at my dad's house. They like it much better than their brooder and so does Lillian. She enjoys hanging out in their house with them. We were sad to see them go. It was fun to have them at our house for a while.
June marks the end of my pregnancy. Here I am at 36 1/2 weeks
and again at 38 weeks.
The next photo you see of me will be just before I leave for the hospital! Wish me luck!


























No comments:
Post a Comment