Tuesday, May 13, 2014

It is April and that means I am now THIRTY!

I long ago decided April is my month.  I realize my birthday is really only one day but I like to think my mom spent the entire month anticipating my arrival and then caring for me, her wonderful firstborn, and so that means I get to enjoy all of April. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I party every day or get presents every day or anything spectacular like that (I might secretly wish that happened but this is real life, right? Not a fairy tale.) It just means I wake up with a little more bounce in my step.
 On April 19, my actual birthday, no bells were tolling, a chorus of angels wasn't singing, I wasn't on a cruise ship, an exotic vacation, or completing some "30 Before 30" list, I didn't even sleep in BUT birds were singing outside my window, my husband was actually home in bed next to me, and my perfect little girl was singing "Oh What A Beautiful Morning!" in her bed.  I was 30 and...I didn't feel any different than I did at 29, 25, 21, or even 18 (Okay, so my knees may click when I walk up the stairs and I  might have some wrinkles now but other than that I feel pretty good!)  
It was a great birthday with several celebrations to draw out the excitement as long as possible. We went to Arizona Inn for dinner with my dad and Jean, ate Blizzards at Dairy Queen, and Josh and I went to see Captain America and ate some yummy desserts. What more could a girl ask for?

 The rest of my birthday month was fantastic and filled with fun.
Lillian got her very own library card and was thrilled to have something to put in her purse.
We got a lot of use out of the tea set and tea hat she got for her birthday. I have eaten over a 100,000 fake cupcakes in the last month.  Thank goodness they aren't real or I would weigh 100,000 pounds!
We visited our friend Piggy at the feed store and watched him swim in his little pool. While we were there we may have gotten a few new friends to add to our collection...
We have five little Ameraucana chicks who will hopefully grow up to produce lots of eggs for us.
 Lillian loves these little chickies and has to say good morning and good night to them every day.
The weather was beautiful so we spent a great deal of time playing outside with friends.  We played in the sprinklers, 
 decorated cookies,
 and made our own pizza.
As usual, much of our time was spent at the barn with Gigi. Gigi gets lots of hugs and attention from both of us because she is such a good girl.
 After reading the book  Ponyella, Lillian was fascinated with horse shoes so I took her out to see Gigi get new shoes put on.  They weren't diamond horse shoes like Ponyella, but Lillian still found the process interesting.

The ground squirrels are out in full force this spring and Lillian has her eyes set on a certain little mother squirrel who lives in this hole.  We check for her every day.  We bring her flowers, horse treats, and drinks of water.  Occasionally she appears at the entrance to her domicile and gives Lillian a chirp before scurrying back inside.
Easter was a blast this year because we attended our community Easter Carnival and Lillian loved every minute of it. She received many compliments on her outfit and was definitely the cutest little munchkin there.  She did NOT like the Easter Bunny so we left without getting a picture with him.
 The bouncy house was by far her favorite attraction.  She bounced for a good hour or more before she finally got booted out.
 Making giant bubbles was another highlight for her
and then of course there was the Easter egg hunt.  She went after those eggs and actually got quite a few.
 On Easter morning we attended church as usual and then came home to an Easter Bunny surprise!  
 We had a picnic at the park and played with Uncle Justin
 and had fun with cousins and houses made of cardboard.
Josh made a lot of progress on the nursery with help from his greatest fan.
 She pounded nails and brought him screws all while taking care of these naughty babies.
I hit the 31 week mark and am now feeling very pregnant.  This is not my favorite stage in pregnancy. The last trimester seems to stretch on forever but all is well with both Baby Girl #2 and me.
Baby Girl #1 is not much of a baby any more.  She is more of a Diva now and enjoys strutting her stuff 
 and telling me "No Mom" or "Go Mom." She is a real ham and we have fun hamming it up together. Lillian is by far the best part of my thirty years on this earth.  My Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he sent her to me.
Here's to another thirty years! May they be as educational and full of adventure and personal growth as the past thirty have been!

No comments: