April is my favorite month. Not only is it my birth month, it is spring, and spring in the desert is beautiful. Each cactus puts on a unique colorful show all its own and the weather is perfect.
The month started off with a BANG! as we celebrated Lillian's first birthday with a Ladybug party. We spent the afternoon celebrating this perfect little girl with good food and family.
Grandma Jean made Lillian TONS of treats!
Josh did his duty and manned the grill and made his tasty potato salad.
Lillian played with her cousins and spent time with all the people who love her.
The best part of her party was the cake of course! She loved the little ladybugs best.
We tried to take some family photos but somebody didn't want to hold still.
Since auntie Sam was in town, we had a fun photo shoot. Sam took all the photos to document Lillian's big bash. The majority of the birthday photos posted here have not yet been edited and they are still beautiful!
The Cake Smash!
This is a personal favorite. She thought the frosting on her toes was so funny!
Lillian LOVED the balloons I got for her photo shoot. All she wanted to do was squeeze them!
I understand the feeling. All I want to do is squeeze her!
Once Lillian's party was behind us, we helped my grandparents pack and move out of the house they have lived in for 20+ years. It was difficult to get much done with all the munchkins running about!
Then I blinked and it was my birthday! We went to dinner to celebrate and I wore my Audrey Hepburn outfit as usual. I thought it was fitting to include a photo of me at my first birthday so you can compare it to Lillian's.
The next adventure of the month was the launch of Madame Medusa's Boutique. My aunt Renee and I decided we would stop talking about opening a boutique and just do it. We scrambled, got some of our handmade crafts together, and had our first craft show. You can see some of our creations on Facebook and Instagram. We had a wonderful day together and can't wait to do it again!
In between all the busyness we had many special moments with Lillian. She has become a good helper and enjoys being a part of all that we do. She loves to push the cart for me and will even push her stroller so I don't have to.
Unlike most kids, she is eager to pick up the dog poop.
She helps keep the barn aisle tidy as well.
When she isn't slaving away with us, she relaxes in her pool or listens to stories.
She now likes to scream "Hi!" into the phone while we are talking and so she must be restrained.
She says "Uh-Oh" when she drops things, even when she drops them on purpose, and is always up for a game of hide-n-go-seek. She can often be found "hiding" in rooms because she closes the door but can not open it. When I finally find her, she yells "Boo!"
We have so much fun together. I find myself thinking on a daily basis that I have never, ever, been happier in life. I hope when I die and return to Heaven, that I am as I am now, no younger, no older, because now is perfect.





















No comments:
Post a Comment