Saturday, December 15, 2012

Thanksgiving

I love Fall because of the wonderful events it brings.  There are the horse shows, cooler weather, and family gatherings to enjoy. 
This Fall has been even more fantastic because I have Lillian to share it with. She joined me every day at the horse show, even when a cold snap came through.
She carried my ribbons for me and she even took a ride on Miss Gigi.

Gigi and I had a blast together and learned a great deal in the process.  She is not the easiest horse and I like that because she is always teaching me to be better. She is also very patient with Lillian and plods along after me while I push the stroller. The three of us get many compliments. Gigi is complemented on her patience, Lillian on her adorableness, and me on my dedication to riding and caring for my horse despite the fact I have a baby to tote around.

Though the horse shows are fun, by the time they drew to a close, both Lillian and I were beat!
Lillian met many milestones in November.  She learned to sit up on her own, she began crawling,  and she started riding in the shopping cart big girl style.
 

 Sitting is a high chair may not be such a big deal to me or to Lillian, but it rocked Emerson's world.  He has been waiting for the day when Cheerios and other treats would litter the floor.
Lillian finally had to move out of the kitchen sink and into the bathtub.  She loves to splash, crawl, and even stick her face in the water.
Josh and I moved her crib to the lowest setting after I came into her room and saw her peering over the edge.
Lillian's hair has now grown so long I can put it in pony tails!  She looks like she has antennas!
One day, we sat and played with all of her bows for at least two hours.  By the end she looked like this:
Thanksgiving was extremely busy but fun.  Lillian and I were able to visit with our cousins and enjoy some family time playing games, laughing, and eating.


As November comes to a close, I can't help but thank my Father in Heaven for all of my many blessings.  I am so very thankful for Lillian's presence in my life. I am also thankful for Josh and his support and for my family and the love they give me. Thanksgiving is a perfect holiday because you can have it every day of the year if you wish.  In 2013, I am going to be more aware of all the blessings in which I have to be thankful.

No comments: