When my first horse Fever passed away, I was devastated. She had been my best friend for as long as I could remember. After her death I was even more upset when I realized I did not have a single good picture of her. Since then I have taken the time and spent the money to have each of my horses photographed so I would never have to feel that loss of beauty again.
This July, I had both Gigi and Welcome photographed. It was a very humid day and both horses were antsy. I was unsure how the photos would turn out because Bachelor and Hunter had been such naturals at being photographed and these two babies could not stop doing the jig! I always use the same photographer, Lori Faith Merritt, owner of Photography By Faith, and she made this photo shoot worth every minute of sweat and frustration. Not once did she herself get frustrated. Lori was understanding, professional, friendly and supportive every minute we were out in the 110 degree weather. She even made me feel better about my flat hair! (I got up before four that morning to curl it but with the humidity if fell flat almost instantly.) The following photographs are the result of my photo shoot and of Lori's hard work. There are many more beautiful images of my horses and many other horses on her website. www.photographybyfaith.com
Originally I was in this photograph but Lori worked her magic and removed me so that I could focus on Welcome's beautiful face.
I love how natural this photo looks and you can see how soft and friendly Welcome's gaze is.
I chose this picture because we have a similar expression on our faces. I also love the wrinkles above Welcome's eye and the curve of his neck.
This is a more fun photograph. I love Welcome's crooked blaze and I like how you can see the barn behind me.
Miss Gigi was a big pain when it was her turn. I was so surprised because usually she is as cool as a cucumber but sometimes I forget she is only four. I really loved this head shot because you can see how inquisitive she is about everything.
I don't even remember taking this picture. Lori has a beautiful sepia version of it on her website.
This is probably my favorite photo of the entire shoot. Gigi looks massive and so grown up. The morning light on her coat looks so warm and inviting.
I don't even remember taking this picture. Lori has a beautiful sepia version of it on her website.
This is probably my favorite photo of the entire shoot. Gigi looks massive and so grown up. The morning light on her coat looks so warm and inviting.Take a look at Lori Faith Merritt's work. She has several different galleries with some beautiful art work in them.

No comments:
Post a Comment