I enjoy my drive to work most mornings. I have been listening to the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon on CD and all I want to do is drive so I can hear what is going to happen next.7:00 to
8:10 AM
(This is where my schedule varies the most from day to day. Some days are like the one I describe below and other days are full of teacher meetings, church meetings, visiting teachers, grocery shopping, and anything else you can think of that needs done.)
3:10 to 4:00 PM
I finally take a breathe, kick off my heels, and slip on the pink flip-flops I hide under my desk. I spend this hour finishing paper work, cleaning my classroom, making sure everything is ready for the next day, and helping students who need to stay for study hall. Then I rush out of the C-pod like a criminal, jump in my car and race to see my horses.
4:20-6:00 PM
This hour and forty minutes is when time ceases to exist and I enter an alternate reality. I coo to my three horses, pet their soft muzzles, sweat, get caked in dust, feel the wind on my face, muck stalls, clean waterers, and feed the beggars. The light begins to fade, the weight in my heart and upon my shoulders evaporates and I feel peace and contentment but only for an hour and forty minutes.
6:00 to 6:30 PM
Once again I am in my car, lovingly called Smokey Pete, listening to my book, and fighting traffic to get to the gym before it gets any later.
6:30 to 7:30 PM
This is my time to sweat out the stress of the day and to people watch. I will just give you a taste of my inner monologue as I run on the treadmill, do squats, lunges, curls, and crunches. "Is she pregnant again or just getting fat?" "Are those real of fake?" "OMG does that lady have butt implants?!" "Is that me that smells or the 300lb man next to me? I think it's me..." "I wish I had a body like hers!" "I wonder what Fabian and Janet are doing at boot camp?" "Oh, I am not doing that exercise in front of the mirror ever again!" " Is that guy looking up my shorts?" "How did my legs get so huge?" "I'M SO HUNGRY!!" "I hope that guy didn't just hear me fart."
7:30 to 8:15 PM
I am finally home. Gosh, I really love my house. The dogs are there to greet me and they bring a smile to my face. I feed them and let Pipkin out to hop around. I clean his cage, make my lunch, and pick out my clothes for the next day. I am really starting to slow down. My feet hurt, my back hurts, my stupid fractured foot aches, and I can't wait to get in bed.
8:15 to 8:45 PM
I hit the shower to try and wash away the grim, sweat and cares of the day. The water feels so good on my exhausted body and it is quiet except for the pounding water and the dogs licking the shower door.
8:45 to 9:00 PM
Now I get to eat!!! Thank goodness for cereal and frozen veggies. I would be starving without them. I usually sit on the couch with the dogs and Pipkin to eat. Sometimes I fall asleep with my bowl in my lap and the dogs licking their chops. Pipkin likes to hop over and stick his little nose in my food and will even reach in and pull out a vegetable or two. What do I do? I can't spank him.
9:00 to 10:00 PM
I usually check my school and home email, get on Facebook, update my blog, open mail, clean, or fold laundry. The dogs sit at my feet and Pipkin chews up all my baskets until I finally put him away.
10:00 PM
I head upstairs to my comfy bed. The dogs nails click, click, click up the stairs behind me. I yawn, brush my teeth, say my prayers, read the scriptures, and fall into bed. I love that part. My body sinks into my memory foam mattress and I am floating in marshmellowy goodness. I always try to read for a while. Sometimes I read for an hour, other times I wake to the sound of my book hitting the floor. I roll over, shut off the light and close my eyes. Finally, I can rest my weary head. But in no time at all that darn alarm clock is screaming at me and it starts all over again!

No comments:
Post a Comment