A week ago Josh and I were outside working and I kept noticing him hitting himself in the chest. He looked like such a nerd and the thud on his chest was so loud I couldn't help but laugh. He finally explained to me his heart was beating funny and he was having trouble breathing. Well, my heart has strange palpitations all the time so I didn't think anything of it. At about 8:30 pm we were finished with our work and were on our way home when Josh told me to pull over at a fire station. He hooked himself up to a 12 lead and found out he was in AFIB. I drove him to the hospital , we walked in the back entrance to the ER (a perk of being married to a firefighter) and they got him right in . All the nurses at this particular hospital know Josh so he got first class treatment. We ended up staying the night and in the morning the heart specialist shocked his heart into a normal rhythm. It was an adventure I didn't think we would be having so soon in life but an adventure none the less! 

Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my goodness I am glad he's ok. Why/how did he go into AFIB? Scary!
Post a Comment