Monday, March 9, 2009

What a Man






This past week has been a struggle. Not only has my collar bone, shoulder, and back been aching, I had an allergic reaction to my pain meds and broke out in hives. I haven't been able to get dressed, wash my hair, or shave my legs on my own. I feel pretty useless. This experience has opened my eyes to just how blessed I really am. I don't know what I would do without my family and my wonderful husband. I have always known Josh was special and I have always felt lucky to have him but this week opened my eyes to just how blessed I really am. He is such a patient, kind man and I know without a doubt that he loves me more than anything. He has catered to my every need, bought me head bands since I can't put my hair in a pony tail, cleaned, cooked, painted my toe nails, curled my bangs and checked on me in the middle of the night. He has showed me that love is not puffy clouds, rainbows, diamonds and chocolates. Love is sacrifice, hard work, tenderness, laughing, forgiveness and service. Josh is a blessing and a gift in my life and I am full of love and gratitude for all that he is and all that he does.

1 comment:

{Layla} said...

Josh is WONDERFUL! I am so glad he is there to take good care of you! What a good hubby! Austin said he may do those things for me if I was in a coma---RUDE!