October was all about soccer and Halloween. Josh and I were either watching one of the girls play soccer or coaching one of their teams. Sometimes one of us was coaching while the other was watching and then we would take turns. It was pretty intense. I'll talk about that more later.
For the past few months Freya has worn ONLY princess dresses or dresses I can convince her are princess like. Every morning when I wake her up to walk Lillian to school she decides who she will be for the day. There have been a few times where she has had a bit of an identity crisis and has been two characters on the same day. Somehow she made it work though.
I bought her Halloween costume at the beginning of the month so she got a lot of use out of it. When she was wearing her costume she would always tell everyone, "I am Wonder Woman! Roar!"
Soccer kept us busy 5 days a week. I'm not sure soccer is Freya's thing. She did a lot of walking during games. One Saturday morning I heard Lillian giving Freya a pep talk before her game, "Freya, soccer is about running, not walking. You need to run like Wonder Woman out there." She was game when the ball was close enough for her to kick but if she had to chase it then she didn't want it. She did score a few goals though! I remember when Lillian started playing and would spend her time on the field holding her friend's hand and spinning around. At least Freya didn't do that.
Lillian played hard this past month. She plays two games on the weekend and usually plays the entire time. She came a long way this month! Josh and I laugh while we watch her play. She runs up and down the field with a big goofy smile on her face and giggles when she steals the ball from someone.
We tried to make sure we squeezed some fun in between all the soccer. One Saturday after soccer was over for the day we went with a group of friends to Apple Annie's in Wilcox.
We picked buckets of apples,
ate apple smoked burgers for lunch,
and then went searching for the perfect pumpkins.
Freya was a crack up in the pumpkin patch. First, it was a hot day and she was tired of walking so she got Lillian to push her around in a pumpkin cart. Most people, knowing Lillian is a pretty bossy outgoing girl, assume she bosses Freya around. What they don't know is that Freya is the real boss. Freya has a magical way of getting Lillian to do pretty much everything for her. She really is the Boss Baby around here.
Second, while all the other kids were tramping through the stickery pumpkin vines looking for their favorite pumpkin, Freya was hollering her pumpkin criteria from the safety of the path. There was no way she was walking in all those stickers. I would hold a pumpkin up for her inspection and she would yell things like, " More oranger!" or "More rounder!"
She finally decided that this pumpkin was round enough, big enough, and orange enough.
Lillian tramped around FOREVER looking for the perfect pumpkin. I thought we were going to have to spend the night there she was taking so long.
Thankfully she found one that was just right for her. It was called a Cinderella Pumpkin and it was pink! Hallelujah! I don't know if she is ever going to be able to find another like it. Next year may be extra rough when it comes to pumpkin picking.
Unfortunately, Lillian's pumpkin was not conducive to carving so got a little creative with our pumpkins.
Lillian had Fall Break mid October. We spent the week not hurrying anywhere. I swear we rush from place to place all the time. I refused to do it during Fall Break. It was wonderful! One morning the girls raced up and down the hall wearing my high heels. They stayed in their pajamas too long. They did crafts. They played and they laughed. Their laughter that week fortified my soul and gave me the strength I need to power through until Christmas Break.
We worked at Papa's house putting a new floor in Gigi's stall
and did barn chores.
The girls played outside with all Papa's strange stuff
and loved on their horses.
We went to Tucson Meet Yourself to eat Turkish ice cream, the best churros in Tucson, look at cool cars, and wander around.
One day we went to The Desert Museum and the girls were able to touch the stingrays for the first time ever! We try every time we go and haven't had any luck. Maybe it was because Josh came with us this time. He must be a stingray whisperer. Lillian was in heaven. She loves sea creatures. Freya was little hesitant but she would sneak a feel in every once in a while.
We ended Fall Break with an evening at the Marana Cotton Festival. The kids ran wild in the cotton fields and watched the rodeo demonstrations.
Lillian and her cousin, Leighton, tried their hand at Mutton Busting again and had a blast.
Freya is still too little to compete in the Mutton Busting competition but she was able to do the boot race. It was fun to watch her running as fast as she could to grab her boots. She zig zagged all over the place!
Halloween was our last big event of the month. I went to Lillian's Halloween parade and craft day at school. Freya loved being able to participate in all the Halloween fun. As I watched her that day I found myself thinking Freya would probably do great going to Kindergarten early as long as she was with Lillian. She got in line, she followed directions, she was like a legit Kindergartner only tiny!
The fun continued into the evening when some friends and I threw a carnival style Halloween party for the kids. Each family was in charge of a booth with some kind of Halloween game. I will name a few booths just so you get an idea of what kind of fun we had. There was a cookie decorating table,
a mummy wrap game,
some witch cauldrons filled with goo,
donut races,
and a photo booth.
I won best costume for the evening and was pretty proud about it. I LOVED the new Wonder Woman movie. It was so refreshing and empowering to see a real female super hero on the big screen. I knew right away I HAD to be her for Halloween. I had a difficult time finding a costume I liked so I finally decided to make my own. It was a lot of work but I am so happy with how it turned out! I loved wearing it!
The holidays are upon us which means lots of magic, excitement, and fun things to do! I am looking forward to all of it!
























































No comments:
Post a Comment