November is always a wonderful reminder for me to readjust my attitude and focus on all the little things in life for which I am grateful. As I sit here reflecting on the past month, I can think of a multitude of things I have been blessed with, so many that it is kind of overwhelming! For time's sake I will mention just a few of my many blessings.
The weather in November was lovely. We spent most of each day outside enjoying the sunshine without the sweat that usually accompanies it.
Our equine companions were glad for some relief from the heat as well. Beauty is such a saint. Lillian runs in and out of her stall, eats her food, makes her My Little Ponies run all over her, reads to her, rides her, brushes her, pokes and prods her, and Beauty never bats on eye. She is worth her weight in gold to me because of her patience with Lillian. Lillian has learned to get Beauty to walk forward and halt and despite the fact that Lillian's legs aren't quite long enough to reach Beauty's side and she flails a bit, Beauty obeys (usually).
I celebrated Freya turning five months by letting her have her first ride on Beauty. I think Beauty may have been slightly annoyed when she realized her retirement has been postponed a while longer!
At five months Freya is small but healthy and happy. Her favorite things are her toes, bath time, grabbing everything in sight, rolling around, and her big sister.
In the tub Freya kicks and squeaks and smiles and has the best time. I love playing with her and watching her.
I can no longer leave her laying on the floor while I quickly help Lillian with something. She has rolled herself in to too many sticky situations!
Lillian has adjusted well to her new role as big sister. She occasionally struggles with sharing but she is usually quick to help me with Freya and she likes that Freya is a captive audience for all of her shenanigans.
Lately, we spend a large chunk of our evening having dance parties. Lillian has certain rules that must be followed for these parties: 1) Tutus are required 2) Only fast songs can be played and we must listen to "Shake it Off", "Uptown Funk", and "A Little Party Never Killed Nobody" at least two times each 3) We all have to clap when Lillian is done dancing 4) Lillian is the only dancer unless she requests your presence on the dance floor, 5) Mom is NOT allowed to sing along with the songs. Despite the strict rules we have a great time.
I was blessed with a great mom. I hope I am at least half as good of a mother to my children as she is to me. No matter what she was doing I always wanted to be with her. I have many good memories of my mother getting ready for work, church, and other outings and it warms my heart when Lillian hangs out with me while I get ready for the day. We laugh and play and make messes and have a grand old time. It may take me twice as long to put my makeup on but it is just so much more fun to have her around. I smile when I think that soon I will have an active audience of two to "help" me get ready!
Josh worked this Thanksgiving so we spent a portion of our day at his fire station feasting with his crew. We were the only family members there and I am thankful his crew included us and let us stay and play a while.
This little family of mine is so precious to me. They warm my heart, give me purpose, make me smile, laugh, and cry, and they make me a better person. They are my greatest blessing in life.



















No comments:
Post a Comment