It is a month into 2014 and I still find myself thinking things like, "Next year we need to do this or that." I then do a mental head slap and remind myself that it is next year and that in a few short months, Lillian will be a TWO year old!
I am sure I have mentioned Lillian's love of tractors and cars in past posts. These photos will hopefully show you just how much she really does love them. My mom sent her this tractor for Christmas and it probably gets more use than any other toy Lillian owns. It even scoops up her cereal for her in the morning.
She always loves going to see the tractor at Papa's house but is a little bit afraid to actually take a ride. Maybe if I drove it she would feel better, I will have to give it a try!
Lillian was very excited when she discovered the tractor at the barn matched the tractor on her shirt. I love this photo because it reminds me how small she is. I look back at her baby pictures and feel like she is such a big girl now but really she is still tiny.
Lillian's cars go with us everywhere, even to the barn. She likes to show Gigi how her cars, "ZOOM!" You can barely see her little finger pointing at Gigi in this photo. She is explaining that cars zoom fast.
Lillian was pleased with Gigi's reaction to the zooming cars. She was pretty impressed!
With pumping, nap time, teaching, and Lillian's resistance to attend nursery when she turned 18 months, church has been a struggle. This month she finally realized nursery can be fun! She cheers on Sunday morning when I get her ready for church. It makes Sundays so much more fun for every one. She enjoys singing songs, playing with the cars and garage they have there, and crawling through this tunnel. We are now the last people to leave because she doesn't want to go!
Another favorite of Lillian's is Curious George. She can sit and look at her Curious George books over and over again every day for 45 minutes. He is the light of her life.
When we went to Utah this month, my mom gave Lillian a Curious George stuffed animal and now he is attached to her hip. She feeds him,
shows him the chickens,
and drags him all over. He gets his hair combed, his diaper changed, his teeth brushed, you name it and George has to do it. He is going to be worn out in a few months from all the love he gets!
We went to Utah for a few days this month because it has been a while since Josh has been up for a visit. Lillian just can't get enough of all the fun things there are to do at Nona and P-pa's house.
Scarves became her go to fashion accessory and even the dogs had to wear them when they went outside. She is such a crack up!
Now that Lillian is a little older, we are having fun playing with neighbor kids and kids from church. In the evenings, the streets of our neighborhood are filled with children. Their laughter echos off the houses and brings a smile to my face. We go outside and play until it is too dark to see. Lillian has a blast riding the neighbor's quad and desperately wants to drive his sports car but her feet won't reach the pedals.
Baby #2 is growing a lot and so is my belly. It is getting harder and harder to hide the bump! We were lucky enough to get a surprise sonogram at 17 weeks. It is always nice to get a sneak peek of what is going on in there.
I am still riding, working out, running 30 miles a week, and trying to continue living life as normal as possible despite my growing belly. I find out next week if I am having a girl or a boy, any guesses?

















No comments:
Post a Comment