I look back at June 2012 and I can not believe how life has changed since then! Lillian is growing like a weed and learns something new each day. I just can't believe that last year she would sit in her Bumbo while I watered plants and this year she walks around and helps me.
I LOVE how much she enjoys looking at books and being read to. She does the sign for book several times a day and we take reading breaks to enjoy Peter Rabbit, Little Critter, Curious George, and other classics.
Lillian enjoys being around Beauty more and more the older she gets. She squeals with delight when we get out of the car and Beauty sticks her head out of her stall door. It warms my heart to see them together. Beauty is so gentle and kind.
I have a love for wooden toys and when I find them I can't resist getting them for Lillian. Josh and I found this tool set and it has become her favorite things to play with.
If you haven't ever played with Oobleck, you are missing out. At first, Lillian was hesitant to touch it. After a minute or two feeling it in her fingers, she began going crazy mushing it, smushing it, and eating it. Emerson liked it too.
The best part of June was our annual trip to San Diego. The water was pretty cold but Lillian had fun running from the waves any way.
The real fun began once we bought her a wet-suit. Once she figured out she would no longer be cold, she did the sign for ocean ALL DAY LONG. She couldn't get enough of the water!
After an hour or so in the waves she was ready for a nice long nap.
Josh and a friend of ours built a huge sand castle. Little boys from all around flocked to see it and ask questions so they could run off and build one of their own.
Lillian created her own little sand piles.
One evening we walked out on Crystal Pier to watch the sunset. Lillian kept bending down and pointing to the ocean below us. It was the funniest thing!
This year we went to Sea World for a day. We hadn't been since probably 2005 and thought Lillian would enjoy seeing all the animals.She ran around like a maniac. I don't know why we even brought the stroller. She never sat in it!
Her favorite animal was probably the walrus. She could have sat and watched him swim around for half an hour.
She also enjoyed watching the colorful fish.
Josh loved the polar bear and had fun in the Arctic Exhibit with Lillian.
It was a fabulous day even without a nap!
I always look forward to our days in San Diego but this trip was probably one of the best I have ever had. I can't wait for all our adventures next year!










No comments:
Post a Comment