Friday, September 7, 2012

Goodbye August

August was a whirl wind of fun!  
 Lillian had her four month check up and was declared fit as a fiddle at 15.4 pounds and 25 inches long.  We also got the green light on rice cereal. She still is not too thrilled with it!

 
 In August an old friend returned to us.  Beauty, an 18-20 year old Shetland pony, came home after about seven long years.  She was in need of some TLC but over all she was healthy and still as sweet as could be.  She is now Jack the goat's companion and Lillian's pony.
 
We were also fortunate enough to be able to visit family in Logan, Utah.  The weather was beautiful and we had many adventures. 
Lillian took her first ride on an air plane so that we could be there for her cousin Elle's blessing.  She was fabulous and was very patient with me while I carried her, a car seat, and rolled two suitcases BY MYSELF!
It was so fun to watch these three little girls interact.  I hope they can be friends like their mommies.
 
 The Garbini Girls!  It was nice to be together again.  We missed two of our members, Rachel and Laura.  I hope they can be with us next time.
Once Josh joined us we had even more fun.  We went to Bear Lake and spent the day tubing.  I was so sore the next day from being thrown up, down, and all around.



 
 
 
Josh and Austin did the pizza challenge at Fox's Den Pizza and almost finished the entire pie.  They had a huge cheering section. It was a pretty exciting challenge.

I had never been to Park City, UT so we also took a trip there for Park Silly Sunday.
 
Lillian got all dressed up for her five month birthday.  She looks like a little garden gnome in this picture.
 We couldn't come home with out buying some good old squeaky cheese from Gossner's.
 Casper's was a big hit because we got 50 Fat Boy ice cream sandwiches for $20.00!!
 
Sam took us to Crystal Hot Springs and we enjoyed a day going down water slides and relaxing in the pool.
 
 
My sister is such a fabulous photographer and she captures Lillian's personality perfectly. We had fun taking pictures of the babies all dolled up.


One of my favorite things about visiting my family is being able to be outside without sweating to death.  We sat in the grass in the front yard for hours one day.  Lillian was enthralled with how the grass looked, felt, and tasted. 


I miss my family every day.  I enjoyed every minute with them and I am counting the minutes until I see them again.


No comments: