Monday, January 24, 2011

AHJA Awards

On January 22nd the Arizona Hunter Jumper Association held it's annual silent auction and Year End Awards Banquet. This year I asked AHJA to donate part of the proceeds from the silent auction to TROT and the special needs students at the school where I teach. AHJA agreed to help fund our students to participate in TROT, so I made my way to Scottsdale to advertise for the cause.


It was not only an exciting evening because I was able to help the students at my school, but also because I received many awards because of our successful horse show season in 2010. Welcome and Susie were the 2010 State Pre-Green Hunter Champions and the 2010 Zone 8 Pre-Green Reserve Champions. Welcome and I were the State 2010 Amateur Adult Hunter 18-35 Champions and the Zone 8 2010 Amateur Adult Hunter 18-35 Reserve Champions.
We were also the Southwestern Zone 8 Champions. I got many lovely ribbons and coolers to add to my growing collection.
In 2011 we move up to the Amateur Owner Hunter Division and the 1st Year Green Hunters. I hope we will be as successful as we were in 2010. I am kind of nervous!

No comments: