Friday, April 8, 2016

The Magical Month of March

March was such a merry month!  I feel like I say something similar to that every time I post, but it is true! Life is good. We find plenty of fun things to do in our little world. This month, Lillian finished up her first season of soccer with The Tiny Titans.  She grew a great deal as a soccer player and I enjoyed watching her grow. She was one of the strongest players on the team.



Another highlight of the month was watching Lillian excel in her lead line class at HITS Arizona.  She was able to demonstrate competence as a rider at the walk and the trot. She even did a posting trot! The judge was pretty impressed!  She helped get Beauty show ring ready, sat up nice and tall, and kept her heels down.  Listening to her talk to the judge and seeing her excitement when she received her blue ribbon made my heart swell with pride.




 St. Patrick's Day was another exciting day for us.  We watched the movie Darby O'Gill and the Little People the night before so Lillian was prepared for the leprechaun mischief that came her way.  P-pa told her if she left a little bowl of milk mixed with honey out for the leprechauns, they would leave her a quarter and a donut.  The little men made good on their promise, leaving treasures for each of the girls.
 It wasn't until Lillian went in her bathroom that she saw the real mischief!  The leprechauns left her a mess to clean up. Little green foot prints on the potty and candy wrappers and wash clothes all over the floor.
 The Sunday after St. Patrick's Day, the girls attended church decked out in their green dresses, courtesy of Papa.
Probably the most exciting event this month was Lillian's 4th birthday.  She awoke to birthday balloons, birthday waffles, presents, and more!



This year she selected a cowgirl themed party for her birthday. We had such a blast! 




We started off with stick horse races.

 Once the horses were warmed up we rounded up some cattle.



Next we worked on our roping skills.

 Then we chased down a candy bandit!
 After all the running and playing we took a break to eat some hot dogs and roast marshmallows over the camp fire.  When everyone had finished eating, Beauty came out to give pony rides.




She was paid for all her hard work in carrots.
Last, but not least, we sang to the birthday girl and ate cake.
I think everyone left pretty happy! I know I did!






Lillian's birthday wasn't the only birthday we celebrated this month. We also attended my grandmother's birthday party. It was fun to see her with a handful of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren and spend time with family. The girls always love playing with their cousins.



In addition to all the birthday parties and St. Patrick's Day, we celebrated Easter. The girls thought coloring eggs was really exciting.  I kept having to go back to the store to buy more eggs to color because they just wanted to keep going!


 Every year the town of Sahuarita has a large Easter celebration at one of the parks close to our house.  We always enjoy going to participate in the Easter Egg Hunt, jump in jumping castles, and meet the Easter Bunny.

 This was the first year Lillian didn't run away terrified from the Easter Bunny. 
 Freya LOVED the giant bunnies and kept running over to them to give them big hugs.
 Easter morning the girls woke to chocolate chip Easter Bunny poops scattered all over the house and two giant Easter eggs full of Easter loot.

 Once they had gnawed the ears off their chocolate bunnies we got dressed and headed to church.

We spent the day together and had a lovely time.  Lillian used one of her Easter gifts, a Mentos launcher and a two liter bottle of diet Coke.  When the soda started shooting in the air, she panicked and ran around the yard holding the bottle, shooting soda all over everyone and everything. The look on her face gave us all a good laugh!
In between all the holidays we spent time with Papa and the horses, 


listened to stories at the library,
rode bikes and scooters,

practiced new make up techniques and funny faces,
watched dad paint the outside of our house,
and practiced our ABC's.  I have really enjoyed teaching Lillian her letters and numbers.  I come up with mini lesson plans full of activities to help her remember each letter.  For example, this month when I taught the letter J we practiced jumping, 
 and walked around the neighborhood collecting junk for our junk jars.  The girls filled their jars with leaves. old candy wrappers, pretty rocks, dead bugs, flowers, seeds, and lots of other little treasures,  Their jars sat on the counter, displaying their junk, until the junk fairy came and stole them away.


Earlier, when I said life is good, I meant it.  How could it not be when I get to wake up to cute faces, crazy hair, and lots of giggles?  I am the lucky one.

No comments: