I love Christmas. I love the baking, the decorations, the lights, the tree, the surprises, EVERYTHING!
This year I tried baking two different types of cookies and a pie.
The Peppermint Swirl cookies were delicious.

The Peppermint Swirl cookies were delicious.
The Corn Flake Macaroons were interesting but, with some work, could be great.

I usually bake for our neighbors but this year I found myself stressed and unprepared, so Josh and I decided to make these cute little gifts for them instead. The tag says, "Christmas is jolly. Christmas is sweet. We're stressed out, so make your own darn treat!"


The Peppermint Pie was probably my favorite Christmas recipe this year. I think it may need to become a tradition.
I usually bake for our neighbors but this year I found myself stressed and unprepared, so Josh and I decided to make these cute little gifts for them instead. The tag says, "Christmas is jolly. Christmas is sweet. We're stressed out, so make your own darn treat!" This year at the family Christmas party Turner and I teamed up to create the ultimate gingerbread house. However, he was more interested in eating the candy and telling me what to do.
We finally ended up with...well...not a house, more like some mountains, a tree, a river with boats in it, and a train.
Sam and Kris made an awesome rocket ship, but again not a house.
And Josh made this incredible castle, but no, not one single house was built.

Later, we opened our White Elephant gifts and Josh paraded around wearing two of the gifts. The first gift is the "How To Be a Pro" set and the second gift was a pair of jingle bell elf boxers. I think Sam went home with the "How To Be a Pro" set and Darrell went home with the boxers (isn't Renee lucky?).
We finally ended up with...well...not a house, more like some mountains, a tree, a river with boats in it, and a train.
Sam and Kris made an awesome rocket ship, but again not a house.
And Josh made this incredible castle, but no, not one single house was built.




1 comment:
So cute! Did you get that from HowDoesShe? I loved that idea, I ended up using the "Everyone could use a little more 'dough' this time of year" with cookie dough.
Post a Comment